Work with Us
About Our Company
Carlingford Adventure Group are the leading adventure centre and adventure family in Ireland, based in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland, just 1hr from Dublin & Belfast. Family owned for over 30 years we now provide over 40 adventure activities and a 350 bed hostel, with over 100 staff at peak times. We are looking for the right person to sustain our growth and lead us into new adventures.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall management of all departments within the Group, specifically in relation to commercials but also including day to day senior staff management and overall guest management. He/she should be Brand Ambassador for the business as a whole, not being afraid to get their hands dirty to set an example.
Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximizing operations to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
Working very closely with centre owners and other key stake holders to deliver maximum commercial revenue.
Responsible for managing the Groups management (HOD’s) and overall centre targets to deliver excellent guest experience.
Closely manage the relationship between profitability and guest satisfaction
Who are we looking For
- Oversee the commercial & operations functions of the McArdle Group, as per the organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to centre operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints and overseeing service recovery and improvement procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the centre’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the McArdle Group, ensuring revenue and client satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the business, Directors and management.
- Deliver budget goals and set other short and long-term strategic goals for the business.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
- Closely monitor business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Activities, Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General are on target and accurate. Create new revenue streams.
- Maximizing room/activity yield and maximise revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Manage and develop the Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning and making sure plan gets delivered, with amendments as necessary.
- Assisting in management of operations, sales & housekeeping when required and development of a strong focus on leadership and teamwork.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Build & develop powerful Sales channels with all clients with a focus on growing the business.
- Oversee all aspects of the Day-to-day management of The Adventure Centre & SkyPark.
- Build and develop Team Line management, onboarding and overall staff training.